Saturday, October 9, 2010

House of Dreams

This week, I got to visit a preschool class. The students listened to this wonderful book, The Big Orange Splot. Then we adjourned to "the message center" to draw pictures of our own dream houses. My drawing includes:
  • flowers
  • an observatory tower with two telescopes for watching the night sky
  • a dance floor in the yard (with colorful lantern lights for illuminating night tangos)
  • a hammock 
  • a bridge to reach to the addition (the addition was built for the sole purpose of having a balcony, something a 4-year-old told me I MUST have)
  • a winding road
  • so much vegetation
  • a shadow from my hand that looks a little like a rain cloud - I guess the flowers need rain...
Even with all these magnificent things, my drawing unsurprisingly paled in comparison to the pre-schooler's dream houses. Theirs will filled with trains, bridges, towers, elevators, secret hiding places for puppies and special wonderful bedrooms with twinkle lights throughout.

Do you not know this book? Here is a wonderful version I found, voiced by some delightfully accented students who I don't know.